Lawrence County Clerk's Office

  • Issues Marriage Licenses

  • Process Divorces/Legal Separations

  • Process Protective Orders

  • Process New Case Filings

  • Process Child Support Payments

  • Process Bond Payments

  • Process Payments on Judgments



  • Billie Tumey
  • Lawrence County Clerk
  • Diana Edwards
  • Chief Deputy
  • Pam Bolton
  • Bookkeeper
  • Audra Bolton
  • Deputy
  • Kathy Crane
  • Deputy
  • Tammy Hall
  • Deputy
  • Tobey Werner
  • Deputy
  • Jonna Deckard
  • Part-Time Staff


Contact Info:

General Office: 812-275-7543
Fax: 812-277-2024
Location: Lawrence County Courthouse, 916 15th Street Room 31
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 

Frequently asked questions:

  1. Where do I get court forms and information?
  2. What are the requirements to get a marriage license?
    1. Cost is $18.00
    2. Both applicants must appear together in person
    3. A certified birth certificate, a valid operator's license or other identification issued by a state that contains the individual's date of birth and current address. (IC 31-11-4-6)
    4. At least one applicant must be a resident of Lawrence County
    5. Both applicants must be 18 years or older.
    6. If younger than 18 years of age, call 812-275-7543 for more information
    7. Marriage license is good for 60 day.
    8. License only good in Indiana.
  3. How much money do I owe in child support?
    If your case was handled by the prosecutor's office, call Lawrence County Child Support at 1-812-275-4172 or the KIDSLINE at 1-800-840-8757 M-F 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. If your case was handled by a private attorney, you will need to contact the attorney. If your case was handled on your own, you will need to compare the payments made with what was ordered.
  4. Can I see what is in a file?
    All files are public record EXCEPT juvenile cases and adoptions. Positive photo ID is required to look at or get copies of ALL juvenile cases.
  5. How do I contact Legal Aid?
    District 10 Pro Bono:1-812-339-3610
    Indiana Legal Services :1-812-339-7668
  6. How do I find out about a suspended driver's license?
    Call Bureau of Motor Vehicles at 1-888-692-6841.
  7. What forms of payments do you accept?
    Cash, money order, cashier's check or employer's check. NO personal checks. We also accept credit, debit & prepaid debit cards with an additional service fee.
  8. Am I registered to vote? What precinct am I in? Where do I vote?
    Call 812-277-2036 or go to:  for information and registration forms.
  9. Do we have "early" voting or can we vote absentee?
    Yes.  Call 812-277-2036 you may vote early (no more than 28 days prior to election) at the Voter Registration Office in the Lawrence County Courthouse Room 11 Bedford.  During regular office hours and the two Saturdays prior to election.  Find absentee forms
  10. Do you have a drop box for child support payments?
    Yes, located at the North Entrance of the Courthouse.  You may place your payment in an envelope and place in drop box.  No personal checks please.
  11. How do I find out about unclaimed funds?
    Call 1-800-447-5598 or go to: Indiana Unclaimed Funds
  12. How do I find out what properties will be sold on tax or sheriff's sale?
  13. Where do I find birth and death certificates?
    Call Lawrence County Health Department at 812-275-3234.