Lawrence County Recorder
This office contains all of Lawrence County’s deed and mortgage records since its formation. We also have other documents recoded down through the years. We are required by law to record any document as long as it meets the standards set forth by Indiana Code. All records, with one exception — military discharges — may be viewed and printed from our files. There is a one dollar per page charge.
- The Lawrence County Recorder’s Office accepts cash or checks at this time. Debit and credit cards are a possibility in the future.
- All transactions must be paid in full at time of service.
- We can only look up records by name. There are other resources in the Courthouse to help you in your search.
- Our ability to search is limited. We can steer you to qualified, insured businesses that can further help your search.
- We hope to have our scanned documents going back to 1985 available to look at online soon.
- Myron Rainey (812) 275-4139
- Cheryl Hammond (812) 275-4138
- Jessica Allen (812) 275-3245
General Office: (812) 275-3245
Abstractor's Room: (812) 275-4140
Location: Lawrence County Courthouse, 916 15th Street Room #21
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.