Lawrence County Emergency Management
- Assists with training, planning and exercises inside the phases of emergency management: mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Educating the public and emergency response personnel is also a vital role of emergency management.
- LCEM is also the floodplain administrator for Lawrence County. The office assists with determining if a property or structure is in a floodplain, what the implications are if it is. The office issues a building permit for construction in the floodplain under proper guidance.
Lawrence County Emergency Management and Readdressing also issues all new address for Lawrence County unincorporated areas.
Valerie Luchauer, Lawrence County EMA and 911 Director also is the ADA coordinator. Any ADA complaints with county property should be directed to her.
Valerie is also the Chairman of the Lawrence County Local Emergency Planning Committee which manages hazardous materials planning, training, and education.
- Valerie Luchauer
- Director of Emergency Management and 911
- Matt Corey
- Assistant Addressing Coordinator
Events, Road Closures, more...
Contact info: (for EMA/ADA/Floodplain)