Lawrence County Public Health Nursing
- TB testing and disease follow-up
- Adult and childhood immunizations
- School-based immunication clinics
- Off-site flu clinics
- Communicable disease follow-up and information
- Foodborne disease follow-up and investigation
Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Plans and activities
Medical Reserve Corps (volunteers)
- Medical and non-medical volunteers accepted for public health emergencies
Needle Exchange Program
Tuesdays, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
2419 Mitchell Rd
(in the lot behind the Health Department, across from St. Vincent Emergency Room)
- Referrals for services
- Harm reduction supplies
- HIV and Hepatitis C testing (Learn more about .)
- Narcan kits and training
For more information about this free, anonymous program, visit the Indiana Recovery Allianceor .
- The Nursing Division provides health education and telephone consultation services. They cover many topics, such as those listed below:
- Health Education Resources
- Infectious diseases
- Pediculosis (Head Lice) - CDC web site on
- Information about food or toy recalls
- AIDS Testing available through the Positive Link Agency. You can obtain information on Positive Link at the Health Department.
To get a copy of immunization records,
IMPORTANT: If you need immunization records, or any other document from the Lawrence County Health Department, please arrive at our office by 3:45 p.m.
TB Testing is provided on Mondays & Tuesdays BY APPOINTMENT! (See Services & Fees on the )
Free Non-Evasive HIV Testing by a representative of Positive Link is done Quarterly.
Please see Bedford Online website for a calendar of events throughout the year listing most of our clinics as they occur. We also announce our clinics on WBIW/WQRK radio stations & list them in the Bedford Times-Mail Newspaper.
For information regarding vaccinations for travel to foreign countries, please visit the Centers for Disease Control website. Some travel vaccinations are available at the Monroe and Washington County Health Departments.
Please call the Lawrence County Health Department at 275-3234 ext. #13 or #16 for more information.